Day 10 Padma Vasisthasana
Lotus in Side Plank Pose
Total Body Workout! Lotus side plank: a display of balance and flexibility.
“You are not the body and mind; you are infinite. You are not bound; your true nature is limitless. Thou art That.”
At our core, we are all spiritual beings. Spirituality is nothing but the connection between our mind, body and soul. It is a way of life in which we are not bound by the limitations of the materialistic world we live in.
Today’s Asana is dedicated to Sage Vasistha – one of the Saptarishis (seven great sages). It is believed that he was one of the first sons of Lord Brahma (the creator), and the first student of jnana yoga – the path of self realization.
How to get into this pose:
1. Begin in Dandasana / Staff Pose.
2. Place your left heel on your right thigh.
3. Inhale and turn to your left side in such a way that your knee cap is pressed against the floor.
4. Balance your weight on your left hand and left knee.
5. Bend your right knee and bring your heel on top of your left thigh.
6. Make sure your left wrist is perpendicular to your left shoulder.
7. Press your left hand firmly against the floor and align your body into a diagonal line from your folded knees to your crown.
8. Inhale and raise your right arm straight up.
9. Turn your head to face your right palm. Bring your right palm on your right hip.
10. Stay in this pose for 3 to 6 long breaths.
To come out of this pose, bring your body down and rest in Dandasana / Staff Pose.
Improves overall sense of balance.
Strengthens the wrists,arms, thoughts, ankles, abdomen.
Tones the oblique muscles.